Crisis in Pakistan are increasing day by day hence there is a need of dedicated locally based NGO which can serve the needy and poor people of Pakistan and enable them to took part in development Activities. This idea leads to the emergence of ARO Pakistan having honor of being successor of ORA International. During April 2009 ORA International started handing over its activities in Pakistan and handed over one of its ongoing project to ARO Pakistan to be implemented. ARO Pakistan has good fortune of having qualified, energetic and experienced staff previously working with ORA International. Hence no real problem was encountered as ARO Pakistan started implementing its activities and projects. So far ARO Pakistan has implemented many projects in Khyber Pakhtun Khwa province of Pakistan in different sectors.
ARO Pakistan is committed and dedicated to serve the people of Pakistan as per its mission statement:
“TO SERVE, LOVE AND COMPASSION TO PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN, PARTICULARLY THE NEEDS OF MARGINALIZED PEOPLE THROUGH CULTURALLY APPROPRIATE PROJECT AIMED AT IMPROVING SKILLS”.
Success have been achieved during implementing the project by gathering required results however its not over yet, ARO will continue to serve and help the people of Pakistan till the beginning of new era where everyone will be self sustainable. Following pages shows the projects ARO has accomplished and their impacts on society and community, however these are just milestones, destination is still to achieve.
The Society’s primary focus shall be to serve the needs of Pakistani society, particularly the needs of poor or marginalized groups. The areas of service may include the following:
- Provision of medical care for those who do not have adequate access to it. Health education and prevention of disease.
- For those who lack it, help to attend schools. Job skills training for those who lack a skill to earn a living.
- Difficult Social Problems. Drug abuse prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation. Prevention, treatment, and counseling for HIV/AIDS and other STD’s.
- Meeting Basic Needs During a Crisis. Distributing aid in refugee camps. Relief in the wake of natural disasters.
- Emerging Needs. Social needs that don’t fit into the categories above.